- Santa, for taking the time out of his busy schedule to be in Wells Branch for our Luminary Festival
- the MUD Board for letting WBNA host Friday night and providing the food & drinks
- the MUD staff for doing such an incredible job lighting the park with luminaries, all the planning and organizing, driving the hayride (both nights) and for running the show on Saturday
- Scott Ballenger, who never grew tired of the hayride parking in front of his house so that we could enjoy his light show and who took the time to visit with each of his guests.
- all of the neighbors on Crystal Shore, Sandy Side, and Oceanna Ct. (especially the Gabbarts) who did such a beautiful job of decorating our caroling route and waved at the crowd each time we passed by.
- George & Wanda Holcombe for greeting all the guests as they arrived Friday night and making everyone feel welcome
- the WONDERFUL volunteers for keeping the refreshments flowing and running the activities in the Community Center: Mark & Paula Rigling, Lara Bennett, Debbie Brown, Dianne Koehler & Linda Baird (and those of you who came to my house to do all the prep work for Friday night)
- Madonna Johnson for her help with the crafts and her wonderful pictures!
- the countless volunteers from Wells Branch Community Church for taking Santa photos both nights
- Virginia Almon for keeping traditions alive by teaching children of pioneer life
- Pct. 2 Constable Deputy Robert Eller and Explorer Post 711 for running the campfire and toasting marshmallows both nights
- all the friends & neighbors who helped in so many ways: Girl Scouts (and parents), Don Harrell, Eleanor Brooks, Becky Moore, Katie Moore, Meaghan Cruz, Gus Kohn, Travers Hough, Madonna Johnson and Rachel Tschanz and her Mom, Lisa to name a few
- my trusty caroling assistants, Kaitlyn, Nathan, & Hannah Kohn and Bre’Anna Woodward
- And a special “Thank You” from me to these WBNA Board members: Lara Bennett, VP; Tom Cheshire, Community Liaison; and MUD Board Director, Janet Maxey
We live in a great community thanks to all of you. Celebrate it every chance you get!
***If I’ve left anyone off, please know that it was unintentional and contact me at the link below so that I can remedy the situation. Please see our WBNA Facebook Page for more photos of Luminary Fest.