2012 Summer Rec. Tag Donations

Summer Success!

By Debby Thompson

Donations from neighbors allowed “Give a Kid a Summer” to buy seven one-year recreation passes and seven quarterly passes for neighborhood kids in need. Contributions were down but we had some funds left from last year so we were still able to buy passes for everyone who requested help. Thank you so much for your contributions: Brad & Linda Caramagno, Kendall & Julie Witte and my husband, Gus Kohn, who supports all of my “causes”.

Kids NEED a place to “be” anytime – not just summertime. We have wonderful facilities available in Wells Branch: two pools and a recreation center – safe, clean environments with adult supervision. I know for a fact the kids we bought passes for used these facilities every single day and what’s more, they appreciated having some place to go. I’d like to thank Matt and the staff at the Rec. Center for providing leadership and positive adult role models. You’ve made a difference in these teens’ lives. And a special thanks to Paul for giving the kids rides home (and ice cream).

Thank you, everyone, for taking this opportunity to help these kids enjoy their summer vacation safely.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.