WBNA 2019 Calendar Contest
What’s your favorite season? In Wells Branch we have so many traditions and events, it’s hard to choose just one. Our 2019 Calendar will focus on how we celebrate each of our seasons here in Wells Branch. We hope you’ll share some of your favorite photos with us!
WBNA 2019 Calendar Contest rules and entry forms are now ready. The Wells Branch MUD has graciously agreed to let us use the Rec. Center at 3000 Shoreline Drive for entry drop-off and display as the photos come in. This year’s theme is “Seasons of Wells Branch”. Both current and past pictures are welcome. Each photographer will be allowed to submit up to six (6) photos. If you’d like your pictures displayed at 4th Fest, we need the entries by 8pm, Sunday, July 1. The WBNA will be accepting additional entries through August 31, 2018. Winners will be announced on September 1, 2018. The calendar will be available for purchase at National Night Out on October 2.
For Complete Contest Rules, click HERE.
For the Entry Form, HERE.
Upcoming MUD Events
Have a blast with your friends this summer at WB MUD’s late night teen pool parties. They’ll have music and pool games. Pizza and Drinks will be provided. Parties are open to anyone between the ages of 12 and 16. Hosted by the WB MUD Rec. Dept.
Movies in the Park returns for three nights this summer. Bring your blankets and chairs and enjoy a fun-filled night with your family and neighbors. Admission is free. Parking is limited so residents are encouraged to walk or ride a bike. Concession sales begin at 8pm with the movie starting at dusk. Hosted by the WB MUD Rec. Dept.
Primary Runoffs! Get out and VOTE!
Today is Election Day for the Primary Runoffs! Polls will close at 7pm. We have two polling locations in Wells Branch, the WB MUD Rec. Center on Shoreline and Northwest Elementary at 14014 Thermal Drive. For a list of all Election Day Voting Locations visit: http://www.traviscountyclerk.org/eclerk/Content.do?code=E.4
More information on Runoff Candidates can be found at these sources:
League of Women Voters: https://lwvaustin.org/voter-guide/
Austin Chronicle: https://www.austinchronicle.com/…/2…/chronicle-endorsements/
Remember, even if you missed voting in the primaries, you may still vote in the runoffs!
Happy VOTING, Wells Branch!
8th Annual WB Garden Guild Tour
Saturday, May 19 • Meet at 9am at Joe Lee Johnson Elementary to begin the tour.
Join us at 9am to sneak a peek behind the fences and see some of the best and most interesting gardens in Wells Branch. Take a look at how neighbors are planting to create an oasis in the shade or a sunny paradise. We’ll visit both vegetable and flower gardens and take away lots of great ideas.
- Joe Lee Johnson Elementary | 2800 Sauls Drive | First time on tour!
- Vicky Linsalata | 14975 Doria | Bird and butterfly friendly native plants.
- Cindy Buchanan | 2302 Spring Wagon Lane |Areas of sun, shade and partial shade. Perennials, annuals, drought tolerant and water features in front and back.
- Martha Benson | 14503 Crystal Court | Mixture of sun and shade, sitting rooms, and Asian garden.
- Don Harrell | 14533 Donald Drive |Xeriscape, sun in front and shade in back.
- Eleanor Brooks | 14535 Donald Drive | Backyard retreat with 3 distinct rooms, sun and shade examples of foliage and flowers, English garden. Front yard features orchid tree, perennials and a dry creek bed of rock and stepping stones.
- WB MUD Community Gardens | Corner of Town Hill & Single Trace | Residents’ individual garden plots.
- Tracy Simon | 15036 Babbling Brook | *Front yard only. In transition…grass won’t grow to right of driveway, tree in middle of yard died, sidewalk strip part sun and part shade.
- Jack and Mary Hendren | 14809 Jacks Pond Rd | *Front yard only. Shade garden featuring rock pathway with native plants.
- Jason and Candi Noble | 3520 Ribbon Reef |Raised wicking bed, pergola shade structure.
WB Rec. Center • 3000 Shoreline Drive
Children are encouraged to participate by coloring and submitting a coloring page. Copies are available online and at the Rec. Center. Bring your coloring page the day of the fair and receive a prize.
Find more information and download your coloring sheet at wellsbranchmud.com.
We’d love to have your help! If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact one of the Team Leads:
Healthy Food and Home: Vicky Linsalata, email@example.com
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Debby Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Great Outdoors: Shelley Palmer, email@example.com
Alternative Power/Fuel: Stephen Hochstetler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Conservation/Waste Water/Storm Water: Christine Taylor, email@example.com
Get involved, make plans to attend, and stay tuned for updates!