We’re so fortunate to have so many things to choose from right here in our neighborhood. This Saturday, we’ve got the WB Garden Guild Tour of Gardens from 9:00am-1:00pm, the WB Disc Golf Tournament with tee-offs from 9:00am-12:30pm and we can finish up the day with a wonderful Open Ears Concert and fundraiser at St. Andrews beginning at 6:00pm!
Garden Tour • Everybody is invited so please come, ask questions and enjoy the tour!! It’s so much fun to see all the different styles of gardening we have in WB. Make sure you bring some water and snacks with you as it looks like it’s going to be a warm day.
- 9:00-9:20 • Chandra Patel • 2409 Rick Whinery (Drip system, edibles, natives)
- 9:30-9:50 • Dianne Koehler • 14909 Alpha Collier (edibles, natives, no lawn)
- 10:00-10:20 • Rachel LeBansky • 14904 Yellowleaf Trail (edibles, natives, rain water harvesting)
- 10:30-10:50 • Kim & Dan Lanicek • 2207 Klattenhoff (drip system, Dan makes cool wooden trellises, etc.)
- 11:00-11:20 • Marlene Counts • 14583 Robert I. Walker (English/cottage style garden)
- 11:30-11:50 • Chris Flores • 2327 Dowd (lighting solutions and natives)
- 12:00-12:20 • Don Harrell • 14533 Donald Dr. (Xeriscaping and potted plants)
- 12:30-12:50 • Sharon Richardson • 14829 Montoro Dr. (recently planted natives)
Disc Golf Tournament • Ready for some disc golf? Come to the Wells Branch Disc Golf Course Grand Opening, Saturday, May 18, from 9:00am – 12:30pm.
Register to receive a Wells Branch branded disc, a reusable water bottle, and a $5 gift certificate for discnation.com. Pre-register by calling 512-251-9814. ($10 if you pre-register or $15 the day of the event). Not sure if you want to play? Come out and walk the beautiful new course!
The event is for FUN, not for competition, so no prizes for the winners, but we do have door prizes from local businesses, such as a family pack from Branch BBQ.
Open Ears Concerts Fun!Raiser with The Studebakers
On Saturday, May 18, 2013, at 6 PM, St. Andrews at 14311 Wells Port Drive, will hold a fundraising event to help continue the Open Ears Concerts series, support other arts events, and supplement the audio/visual systems at the church. Music will be provided by The Studebakers and other special guests. The Studebakers – Jill Montgomery, Becky Cavanaugh, Sharon Maner, Randy Seybold, and Marilyn Rucker – bring back the marvelous melodies and lyrics of the songs of the 20s, 30s and 40s and deliver them with the clarity and close harmony that made them such big favorites in those years. Fun and frolicking is guaranteed for all!
Soup Nuts! – Some of the best amateur chefs around will astound you with their creations. Sample all for free, and then vote with your dollars.
Baker Street – After the soup, wind your way toward the music, and purchase desserts to go with our delicious fair trade coffee.
Admission – $5 suggested donation in advance, $10 at the door. Simply go to our website (below) and click on the Donate link. When you confirm your order, type “Open Ears Concerts Fundraiser” in the Special Instructions window, and bring your receipt with you to the show.
www.staopen.org/events/open-ears • firstname.lastname@example.org