Wow! The WBNA Candidate Forum for State House District 50 and County Judge has now grown to include County Commissioner Pct. 2 and Travis County Justice of the Peace Pct. 2 candidates as per their request to come out and meet with the residents of Wells Branch. This enthusiasm has caused us to revise our original plan of candidate forum first, followed by meet & greet. We will now allow each of the candidates five minutes to tell us a little about themselves and why they deserve our vote, followed by refreshments and one-on-one time with each of the candidates.
There are two main reasons you should attend this meeting:
- You don’t get the opportunity very often to visit individually with this many candidates/elected officials. These folks are here asking what you want/need/expect from them. Local elections can have a much greater impact on our daily lives than state or national elections.
- It looks good for Wells Branch. Period. If we have a full house, it shows that we care, are informed and involved in our community, and we vote. The hidden message here is that because of all this, we will hold our elected officials accountable. Translation: They’ll answer the phone when we call.
Below is a list of the candidates (and their websites) attending this Thursday’s Meet & Greet at 7pm at the WB Community Library, 15001 Wells Port. We hope you’ll make every effort to attend. Info on the other two forums (which will be actual forums) will follow. We thought it best to send out information separately. Please contact me directly if you have any questions about this Thursday. I can be reached via email or by phone at (512) 656-0654
State Representative District 50
• Celia Israel (D) – confirmed
• Mike Vandewalle (R) – confirmed
• David Dreesen (L)
Travis County Judge
Travis County Commissioner, Pct. 2
Travis County Justice of the Peace, Pct. 2
• Randall Slagle (D) – confirmed
• Glenn Bass (R) – confirmed
• Daniel Ruble (L)