Fall Events in Wells Branch
(wblibrary.org for more info)
Family Fun Day will be an event for all Joe Lee Johnson families, faculty, and staff from 9am-1pm on Saturday, November 12 at the elementary school campus.
- 9-10:30: “Blaze the Trail” activities led by Coach Gonzalez
- 10:30-12: Complete fun challenges, win cool prizes and visit booths from organizations around our community.
- 12-1: Family picnic, fitness demos, chances for parents to win big prizes (Soccer and Swim Season Registrations! Urban Air Passes!)
- New Fall 2016 Trailblazer Gear samples will be available to view and order.
What to Wear/Bring:
- Wear comfortable athletic clothes and shoes
- Bring a picnic to enjoy together with your family and chairs or a blanket if you’d like
- A few dollars for a snack (if you’d like to purchase something, we will take cash only)
- Check/credit card to order Trailblazer Gear
- Consider walking or biking to the to the event. We may use some of the parking space for activities.
We need volunteers to make this event happen! Sign up to volunteer. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Water for Wildlife: Ensuring Texas’ Rivers Don’t Run Dry with Tom Spencer
Program Director of the Texas Living Waters Project, Tom Spencer will join us for an enlightening discussion of water conservation and wildlife protection.
Dedication Paver – For $50 a brick, you can have a custom paver with your special message placed in the WB paver garden in KF Park (next to the outdoor courts and pavilion). Deadline for submission is November 11. See wellsbranchmud.com for details. An on-site dedication ceremony for new pavers will take place Saturday, November 19 at 3pm prior to the evening’s potluck. We hope to see you there!
Wells Branch youth are invited to test their basketball skills and maybe win a turkey to take home for Thanksgiving plus a $50 HEB gift card. The contest starts at 6pm in the WB MUD Rec. Ctr. Participants accumulate points by competing in a variety of basketball activities (Free Throw, H.O.R.S.E., 3pt Around the World, and possibly Knockout). Youth will be split into three groups: 8-10, 11-13, and 14-17. Grand-prize winners from each age group will receive a turkey and gift card. Registration is free and will begin early November in the Rec. Ctr.