EXTREME CLEAN Spring!
Saturday, April 9 • 8AM-2PM
MUD Parks & Facilities Yard • 13905 Thermal
Extreme Clean is a collaboration of the Wells Branch Neighborhood Association (WBNA) and Wells Branch MUD. This service is offered twice a year to Wells Branch residents who live within the Wells Branch MUD Utility District. If you pay your water bill to the MUD, you are considered “In-District”. Please take a moment to read the list of items accepted or CLICK HERE to download a printable map.
- Trash or bulky items too large that cannot be placed in your trash bin
- Wood pallets (broken-down)
- Old fencing (broken-down)
- Mattresses & box springs
- TIRES ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- Lawn mowers (oil & gas emptied)
- Metal tools, sheets, rods and framing
- All appliances (Freon must be removed)
- Water heaters
Household Waste & E-Cycling
- Household batteries include alkaline batteries – A, AA, C, D, 9V, 6V (all types-heavy duty), phone batteries, rechargeable batteries, computer and small appliance batteries and motorcycle batteries
- Antifreeze in clearly labeled and closed container
- Latex / water based paints in original sealed and non-leaking container
NOT ACCEPTED at this location: oil based paints, stains, thinners, motor and cooking oil, gasoline, chemicals/pesticides, or car batteries
Electronics and Appliance Recycling
- Computers, laptops and monitors
- Tablets, cell phones and chargers
- Wire (extension cords, Xmas lights, computer cables)
- CDs, DVDs and floppy discs
- Routers, DVRs and cable boxes
- All TVs, VCRs and DVD players
- Printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines
- Radios, stereos and speakers
- Small kitchen appliances (microwaves, coffee makers, toasters, etc.)
- Clean egg cartons, food packaging, meat trays, to-go containers, disposable plates and coffee cups, large packing pieces and foam ice chests
NOT ACCEPTED: packing peanuts, and Styrofoam attached or glued to other materials, like cardboard or plastic film
Regular Bulk Recycling
- Cardboard boxes – all sizes; large appliance boxes should be broken down & FREE from Styrofoam and/or other packing material
- Plastics (#1-7)
Drug Take-Back – Pill Form ONLY
Creams, liquids, ointments and pet medication will NOT be accepted.
On-Site Shredding • 10:00am-2:00pm ONLY
Carbon paper, colored paper, computer paper, fax paper, transparencies, post-it notes, window envelopes, glossy paper, invoice paper, laser print-outs, ledger paper, letterhead, stationary, NCR paper
Need help transporting your Trash & Recyclables to Extreme Clean?
Hire a Skip bin
Whether you are a business or a homeowner, you need to find a way to dispose of your commercial or residential waste. There are many options available, including dumpster rentals, roll-off containers, and skip bin. Mini skips cairns are a popular option for small businesses and homeowners who need to get rid of a moderate amount of waste. They are typically smaller than dumpsters and roll-off containers, making them easier to transport and maneuver. Mini skips can be used for a variety of waste materials, including construction debris, furniture, appliances, and yard waste. When choosing a skip bin in Cairns, it is important to consider the size of the skip, the type of waste you need to dispose of, and the delivery and pickup fees. You should also make sure that the company you choose has a good reputation and offers a reliable service.
Venture Crew 1409 is here to help!
The young men and women of our Wells Branch Venturing Crew have stepped up and offered to organize trailer transportation of larger items to the Extreme Clean event on April 9 for a minimum donation of $20. Please tip accordingly. All monies received will be used for future Venturing endeavors.
Transportation is limited to In-District residents only. Please schedule your pick up with Daniel White by 5pm, Friday, April 8. Text or email your name and address to Daniel at 512-413-0097 or email@example.com.
(Donated items MUST be dropped off pre-sorted and labeled as volunteers will NOT be able to sort. Donations may come from both In-District and Out-of-District residents.
- New or gently used crates, clean bedding, blankets, towels, toys and unexpired unopened food
- Old blue jeans
Austin Creative Re-Use
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Fabric, yarn and knitting supplies
- Puzzles, game pieces and playing cards
- Acrylic and craft paint
- Blue painters tape
- Wine & champagne corks
- Fully functional sewing machines
Austin Humanists at Work is in the process of reorganizing and is currently unable to accept donations. The WBNA will be collecting items for Gather-n-Give Connections instead. Immediate needs vary from month to month, please visit their website for current listing of needed items and to learn more about their program. www.gather-n-give.org
- Men’s and Women’s underwear (NEW)
- Socks (NEW)
- Backpacks and school supplies
- Toasters, coffee makers, utensils, pots & pans, flatware, baking pans, dishes, bowls, etc.
- All paper products–napkins, paper towels, toilet tissue, Kleenex, Ziploc bags
- Sheet sets, blankets, pillows (all sizes)
- Personal hygiene products such as shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, body wash, deodorant, etc.
- Baby and adult needs–baby and adult diapers, all baby needs
- Bathroom sets such towels, wash cloths, mat/rug
- Cleaning products–laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwasher detergent, toilet bowl cleaner, glass and multipurpose cleaner/Clorox/wipes, trash bags (4 – 13 gallon)
***All USED clothing MUST be donated to Easter Seals. Please mark accordingly.***
- Gently used clothing & shoes (all ages & sizes; nothing soiled, stained, torn or too worn)
- Linens & household items
Off-Site Yard Chemical Collection
2606 Tracy Trail • 512-656-0654
Fertilizers • Pesticides • Fungicides • Herbicides
Items must be in sealed, labeled containers. Received product will be offered to Wells Branch residents for repurposing first. All items left will be transported to the Hazardous Waste Facility on Monday.
A select number of other hazardous materials may be accepted at the attendant’s discretion.